Sunday, December 16, 2018

ACCESSORIES

I used to think that accessories were not important.  My thought was if I had a nice dress or skirt/top, that was an outfit...then I realized the error of my ways.  Accessories can MAKE your outfit come alive and show the world who you really are.  The necklace you wear , the earring and/or bracelet you pair with it, the shoes you choose all say something about you.  If you saw one woman in small diamond studs and black pumps along with a designer handbag, what conclusions would you draw about this person?
Lets look at Megan Markel in a recent photo:


Now lets look at her from several years ago:


It goes without saying she is beautiful young woman in both photos but her shoes/handbag and dress all portray her very differently.

So when your makeup has been applied, your hair completed and its time to pick out your clothing and accessories, think about what image you wish to project.  How do you feel that day?  Sophisticated?  Confident? Serious?  Playful?

I think a pashmina/scarf is one accessory that can be extremely versatile.  You can use it as a scarf over your coat.  It can cover your shoulders to add not only arm coverage but also warmth.  It can add a pop of color if you find 99% of your closet is composed of black (Fancy Nancy I am looking in the mirror at you right now....).  Nordstrom has 112 options when I searched their site for pashmina/scarf:



Jewelry is also an area that reveals a lot about you.  Long Kendra Scott dangling earrings say one thing https://www.kendrascott.com/products/marty.html?dwvar_marty_stoneColor=346#start=17






I think seeing a visual is often very helpful in understanding an idea.  I also think a full length mirror is vital along with an honest assessment of the look we show the world as we walk out the door. As with most of fashion, there is no right or wrong....its whatever you feel is right for you and the image you want to convey.


No comments:

Post a Comment