Monday, July 20, 2020

FANCY NANCY IS BACK

Hello everyone.  I have been considering a return to blogging for awhile.  I certainly have enough time to post but wondered if a fashion related blog was appropriate during such a stressful time in our world.  However, after much thought.... I decided we could all use a bit of lightness and joy in our lives.  So, I will do my best to put a smile on your face.  

I don't know about you but I miss dressing up everyday for work or going out to dinner or to a movie.  Each morning I look in my closet to see which pair of black yoga pants and shirt I will wear.  I bypass all the pretty dresses, cute pleated skirts, and summer cardigans.  On go the Birkenstocks or athletic shoes along with the bare minimum amount of makeup and a quick brush though my hair.  Honestly a trip to the grocery store is the highlight of my week and I do get a bit more dressed up for that "event".

So lets daydream a bit and look at summer fashion for our closets, pretending we have important and fun places to go.  

Pleated midi skirts remain a wardrobe staple. This skirt from Anthropologie could be worn with a tee in the summer and a sweater this fall.  


Midi dresses as well as midi skirts are all over every fashion blog and instagram account.  Thankfully this longer style lends itself to summer ease of sitting on a picnic blanket, park bench or lawn chair without constant rearranging.  I am partial to cotton dresses for both the wearability as well as comfort level.  I have purchased this dress in 2 colors from Nordstrom: 
           


One other item I want to share with you is a wonderful self tanning lotion with great reviews on both the Sephora and Ulta websites.  Unlike most self tanners, it has a pleasant smell.  Warning...it is a bit pricey but I use sparingly and would definitely purchase again.  



I will leave you with this thought:



   

2 comments: