Tuesday, September 10, 2013

FASHION FANTASIES

I have shared with you all (probably way too often) my multiple shoe safaris. This past weekend as I was planning my outfit around which shoes I own and could wear it occurred to me how many fashion fantasies I have:

1.  Well made leather shoes that offer comfort, style and priced under $200.00  Same for boots but will consider (MAYBE, have never paid that much for anything that covers my feet) a limit of $300.00.

2.  Shapewear that is pretty, comfortable and does what it claims to do (need I say more?). If you don't know what I am referring to then you probably have never purchased nor worn shape wear and you can skip over this part of the post.

3.  Speaking of shape wear, could I please find one person who actually knows how to fit a bra?  Every magazine article and television show (i.e.What Not to Wear, etc) goes on and on about how the correct fit takes years and pounds off, basically changing your life.  So...where are these miracle workers?  I have gone to many stores and never met such a person...if you have, please give me contact information in the comments section below.

4.  Perfect black pants that are seasonless.

5.  Tunic tops that cover the top of thighs, are under $125.00 (again chocking here at the price but if its perfect then perhaps it is worth the cost) and offer both style and shape.   I am so over big loose tops that do nothing to flatter a woman's curves and look like I stuck my head and arms thru a garbage bag.

6.  Colorful, warm and pretty winter coats.  I live in the midwest and winter coats are worn from late October thru March or April.  That is a LONG time to look at an article of clothing day after day.  Walk into any store and look at the coats; almost every single one is black, grey or brown.  I totally agree we all need a basic black coat but couldn't I please also have a beautiful blue or green coat too? While we are on the coat topic, let me also see in my fashion dreams coats that actually come to one's knee.  I am not a fan of 3/4 length coats over dresses and skirts ( I feel like they need to coordinate if they "show' and I do not have the wardrobe to do this).

7.  A beautiful coordinated coat/dress ensemble (channeling Michelle Obama here)

8. One store, just one (that cannot possible be asking too much in this world) that sells beautiful, reasonably priced and stylish clothing geared towards women over 40. 

9.  No judgement on WISE shoppers who do not rush home, tear off clothing tags but instead let the item(s) live in their closets for awhile and then decide if they wish to keep it or return it.  

I would love to hear your fashion fantasies as well as any fashion dreams that have come true for you.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you on number 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you been fitted for a bra at Nordstroms? I was fitted in 2010, and then again in 2012, and the Nordstrom lady said I was wearing a bra that was 2 sizes too big on the band, and 2 sizes too small on the cup. Basically felt like a Grinch. HUGE IMPROVEMENT!

    I would also like to find a dream pair of jeans, that are LONG enough for a tall girl, wide enough for my hips, but don't become instantly baggy after wearing for one hour. And $200 for jeans is just craze!

    ReplyDelete