Wednesday, November 20, 2013

THANKFUL

I hope everyone who knows me and/or reads my blog will know that as much as I love fashion, shopping, travel and wine I also know those things mean nothing compared to the many blessings I have in my life.  I want to share with you just a very small portion of the things I am thankful for:

1.  A wonderful family that I love SO MUCH.  Growing up in a single parent home where time, money and many others things were in short supply, I often imagined what I hoped my "grown up" family would be.  Guess what?  Those wishes came true.  I have a husband who works very hard, is loved and respected by many including his wife and sons and has been a fabulous role model for our children.  Our sons ALWAYS make my heart smile with love and pride. It never ceases to amaze me that God has gifted us with these 2 intelligent, kind, successful men. I love them so much and am VERY proud of them and the wonderful women in their lives.  As readers of this blog know, one of our sons was married this past August to an intelligent, beautiful (inside and out) and extremely thoughtful and kind  woman.  She is the perfect partner for him and they are so happy which make me more joyful than I can describe. 

2.  Anyone who knows me knows how important friends are in my life.  As I get older and see how people can so easily enter and leave our lives, the value of friends who are always there for each other means so much. 

3.  A job that makes me smile every single day. I love the students I work with.  They are bright, motivated and fun.  I am very proud to say thaI I stay in contact with many of the students I have worked with over the years.  Granted some I talk with more frequently than others but what an honor to have them call, send an email or stop by the office when they are on campus to share their lives. 

I know all of you also have many blessing in your lives.  If you feel comfortable I would love to see you share your blessings in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment