Tuesday, September 11, 2012

FASHION RESOLUTIONS

My closet is full, not stuffed but definitely full of some wonderful and even more not so wonderful pieces.  How did this happen?  Let me explain and tell me if this happens to you.  I am in a store and the moment I spot the sale and clearance section, I immediately zoom to those racks first.  The larger the discount the more attractive the clothing appears to me (in the moment).  My rationalization to myself when the jacket or skirt or whatever doesn't exactly fit or isn't the most flattering color or doesn't go with anything else I already own is that it is such a fabulous deal that I can always wear it around the house if nothing else.  Do I in fact wear the item out of the house? Of course not because when I get dressed I ask myself the following question:  

 1.  If I ran into an old boyfriend or the "mean" girl from high school and had this article of  clothing on...would I walk up to that person and say hello or would I slink out a side door?  If the answer is I would slink out then I should not wear it (which tells me I should never have purchased it to begin with).

Starting right now one of my fashion resolutions is to only buy clothing I feel fabulous in, would be willing to buy at full price and have at least 2 items in my closet it can be paired with. Oh yes....its also needs to be something I would never slink out a side door in.

What are your fashion resolutions?

5 comments:

  1. I fully approve of your resolutions!
    I am trying to do the same thing - and am adding "must fit me at the size I am RIGHT NOW"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!!! I can totally relate. I've been trying to clean out my closet and it is full of disasters. Most of them are because I still think I'm younger rather than my 59! But, I have Liz to hand things off too-haha! I can't figure out how to comment, but it's Ann Kozlow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I totally agree that I RUN to the sale racks and elbow other women that are even in my space that might be looking at the same exact piece of clothing, even when the woman is 5' tall and weighs about 90 pounds. I guess the diva in me believes that I'm a size 0. Ha! I'm trying to buy more quality pieces that go with more than just buying a random top that Anthro. has decided is now 39.95 instead of 69.95.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. I'm a slave to sales! Once each season I clear out whatever I haven't worn before I can go out and "get a deal" on more stuff I'll wear maybe once ... But I do have old stand by items that I wish I had bought 3 of at full price ... Quality Ladies, that's what we must strive for.

    ReplyDelete